Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How can I memorize a scene in one night? PLEASE ANSWER!?

So I'm at a camp, and they gave me a one 1/4 page scene to memorize (I'm a girl by the way), from teh vampire diaries. And I'm taking a class with Maggie Murphy who casts for Malcom in the Middle, etc.. and I really want to make a really great impression. She already seems to sord of likes me I guess, I don't know but she was laughing (good kind of laughing) when we were doing an improve story game. And she said I was good :) But I have to memorize this tonight, and I have pretty much all of it down, except for a monologue that's about a paragraph long. How can I get that part down so it flows better. But she was the first one in my group to give me the scene, but then she gave the scene to 2 other people in my group. And I want to stand out well! Can anybody help?? NO RUDE ANSWERS PLEASE :) I'm a GIRL who just loves to act, and I want to act professionally soon :) Thanks in advance :)How can I memorize a scene in one night? PLEASE ANSWER!?Practice, practice. All night long. It's your best option. If you have great memories then you're going to get it down fast.How can I memorize a scene in one night? PLEASE ANSWER!?Give it to someone else who is really tough. Every time you get it wrong, they will make you do three push ups. JK, but you need to read it over and over again. Don't act like it's a script because then you'll stress. Have you ever memorized a song? It's as simple as that.How can I memorize a scene in one night? PLEASE ANSWER!?act it out with actual movements of the hands and feet and body. Or maybe even try to sing little tunes as you do a "ditty" of the lines. Acting is acting. Not a recording. If you have the flair, do it like Mary Poppins type of show. It will help you remember the words. Easier to remember than a monotone recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment