Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How can I memorize a scene in one night, by tonight!? PLEASE ANSWER!?

So I'm at a camp, and they gave me a one 1/4 page scene to memorize (I'm a girl by the way), from teh vampire diaries. And I'm taking a class with Maggie Murphy who casts for Malcom in the Middle, etc.. and I really want to make a really great impression. She already seems to sord of likes me I guess, I don't know but she was laughing (good kind of laughing) when we were doing an improve story game. And she said I was good :) But I have to memorize this tonight, and I have pretty much all of it down, except for a monologue that's about a paragraph long. How can I get that part down so it flows better. But she was the first one in my group to give me the scene, but then she gave the scene to 2 other people in my group. And I want to stand out well! Can anybody help?? NO RUDE ANSWERS PLEASE :) I'm a GIRL who just loves to act, and I want to act professionally soon :) Thanks in advance :)



Also is Maggie Murphy a big deal type of person, and have you heard of her??How can I memorize a scene in one night, by tonight!? PLEASE ANSWER!?for memorization:
- a great way to do it is to rewrite the lines on index cards a couple of lines on each card and memorize it card by card. then it's easy to keep track of what you have memorized.
- sentence by sentence.
- writing it over and over again will get the words ingrained into your mind.
- making acronyms out of the first letter of the words would help for the short line (which it seems you don't need help with, but great trick for later i life)
- put a specific movement with a word of phrase, every time you do the movement you'll know that these words go with it

P.S don't freak out so much, you've posted this 3 times and I'm sure you'll do fine, just be calm and confident :D

P.P.S As for Maggie Murphy, her name sounds familiar, but I don't recall why...How can I memorize a scene in one night, by tonight!? PLEASE ANSWER!?I have not heard of her, but use photo booth and record yourself and you'll get it!How can I memorize a scene in one night, by tonight!? PLEASE ANSWER!?OMG !!! i love acting as well and it all depends on whats easy for you. for me i take a section or a paragraph and memorize that by saying it over and over again then i go on to the next paragraph and when i memorize THAT then i put the two together. and then i move on. and i find it easier by walking around my room or laying on my back looking up at the ceiling. but that's just me. some people find it easier by writing it on flashcards or recording themselves and listen to it over and over again, or even make it into a song. But to me it doesn't sound like much. ive done worse lol but i understand that you want to impress her but don't get to nervous and work yourself up and trying to get the lines PERFECT. and if you do mess up..im sure you know what to do..just make up something that goes along with the subject/character. im sure you'll do fine god luck and please have fun :)How can I memorize a scene in one night, by tonight!? PLEASE ANSWER!?
I'd work a sentence at a time. First, read the whole thing out loud to yourself a couple times to really get the feel of the piece. In this situation, acting well is more important than having the whole thing memorized. Then just read the first sentence, repeat it to yourself without looking at your paper. Once you have that down, do the next sentence, but ALWAYS do the whole thing all the way through so you don't lose a piece! After you're about 1/3 of the way through, read the whole thing out loud again, then keep going sentence by sentence until you're 2/3, read the whole thing out loud again (from the paper). Once you think you have the whole monologue down, read the whole thing looking at the paper again to make sure you have it perfect, then go through it 3x, and you should have it memorized!!
  • compare cars
  • suzuki samurai
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment