Monday, January 30, 2012

Is hedge hogging in chess a good strategy?

I've been trying different openings in chess lately, because most of my opening relied on my knights and I kept accidentally block one of my bishops. I generally play as black and I like to play off my kings side (which hedge hogging does). When I play against the computer it's worked wonders for me. But is it a good chess strategy to use for club play or recreation (I'm only in high school so it's not like I'm really doing any form of hard core playing right now)? Is it balanced/flexible enough to be used effectively against a variety of people?Is hedge hogging in chess a good strategy?
No. It takes too long, and if your opponent is stupid and allows it, he only needs to throw pawns at you, then your pieces suck.



Against a human it may work once.Is hedge hogging in chess a good strategy?
No. You opponent can develope his pieces, pry open the appropriate files, and make a massive attack.

All you'll have is a few diagonal pawns.

Really, hedge-hog doesn't work.

  • miata
  • california academy of sciences
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment