Monday, January 30, 2012

Chess (ish) question...?

I have been playing chess for more than 9 years (not frequently). The problem is that whoever I face doesn't have much experience. I barely play with someone who is better. I want to learn by playing against strong players. I want to have a chess teacher but I am never being encouraged to play chess (at home). My whole family hates this game and my parents won't let me download any chess software in my computer!Chess (ish) question...?
Play Yahoo Chess. You don't have to download anything. If you are able to get on Yahoo Answers, you can play Yahoo Chess.



You can play against players who suck up to really, really strong players. You just have to check their ratings. In Yahoo Chess, you start of with a rating of 1200. Each time you win a game, your rating goes up, and each time you lose your rating goes down.



Look for people who's ratings are in the 2000s. They are the good players, however, they may not want to play with you because your ratings will be low at the beginning. You may have to play some people on your level (or around the same amount of ratings as you) first to build up your ratings, then the better your ratings, the better your opponents.
I play chess at itsyourturn.com

no down loading need

There other chess site to I think it chess knot or something like that where they rate you. I use to play on it but then when my friend played on my computer they stopped me using the site. To stop people having two accounts.Chess (ish) question...?
Try going to these okay chess sites:



http://www.plasticbishop.com/

http://zone.msn.com/en/chess/default.htm
Try gameknot.com, plenty of good players there that are up for challenges.Chess (ish) question...?
Is a chess club a possibility? Most cities and universities have one (or more). I must say that to prevent you having chess programs at your age seems like a case of over-parenting to me. Bad karma man.

No comments:

Post a Comment